Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sick of Sickness!

It seems like I was just writing about having sick kids.  Now here I am again with the same problem.  Really I shouldn't complain, because my kids, in general, are extremely healthy.  We've have hardly ever had ear infections, flu, or strep.  We mostly get the viruses that you can't do anything about.  You just have to let it run it's course.  I hate that. 

Well so far only Austin was throwing up.  Actually it's more dry heaving than throwing up.  Wednesday morning he woke up puking everywhere.  He threw up off and on that whole day.  Thursday he dry heaved some in the morning and then was acting fine all day.  Friday again he wakes up dry heaving and throwing up a tiny bit.  Why do these things always linger on and on?  I just pray that he doesn't pass this bug along to anyone else.   Saturday, no dry heaves and no puke, but he's not eating very good and he just seems worn out.  This morning he ate breakfast and seems to have a little more pep in his step. 

Poor Austin is the one that tends catch whatever is going around and he's not even in school yet.  Plus, when he gets sick, he always gets sick worse than anyone else. 

I'm ready for this silly little guy to come back.


Abigail is my healthy girl.  She occasionally catches those viruses.  She's had strep a couple of times, but she gets over them real quick and is back to normal within a couple days. 

I hate to even post this because I am afraid it will come back and bit me in the behind, but Jackson is 7 months old and has only had a tiny bit of congestion that lasted a couple weeks and was gone.  I'm hoping he will take after me and Abigail and have a strong immune system. 

Austin takes after Brent.  Brent is way more sickly than me.  I hardly ever get sick. I say this all the time and people will always tell me "ooh you better knock on wood" and before I started teaching I always heard "wait until you start teaching because those first year teachers catch everything." 

Well,  not me.  I stopped knocking on wood a long time ago.  I don't need to. Ha-ha-ha! Sorry, I felt the need for an over confident laugh right there. 

I am praying that this will be the last of the sickness in our household at least until the fall rolls back around.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!