Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Midweek Confessions (I know you love 'em)


I confess......

-I had trouble thinking of confessions this week.  It's not because I am a perfect person and don't do anything wrong.  It's because my life is just that boring.

-Our Governor is radically reforming our public education to the point of destroying it and all the teachers are up in arms about it.  People are passionate and outraged and threatening to walk.  I am also not very happy about any of this, but mostly I am scared out of my wits.  I am ignorant when it comes to political things.  I am scared for my own kids and my student's futures in public education.  I am scared to walk out, although I would if our faculty decided to do it all together.  I am scared that I will not have a future as a teacher if things continue in the path they are headed.  It just makes my stomach hurt. 


(Here is my little protester at our peaceful rally we held after school.  We wanted to show the community that we don't agree with the Governor's plan, but we aren't going to abandon our students.)

-On a lighter note,  I confess that I am super pumped about seeing The Hunger Games midnight showing Thursday night.  I am even wearing a Hunger Games shirt!  I know, I 'm a nerd but I love it!!

-I love it when one of my students has a birthday and brings cupcakes or some sort of sugary delicious treat.  I have my students trained well, so they always bring enough for the class and me!! 


2 comments:

  1. I love it when my kids bring it cupcakes for birthdays too! Unless they are homemade...sometimes you never know about those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise- I agree. My usual rule of thumb is that if I don't know the parents very well I don't eat the questionable homemade goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!