Monday, March 5, 2012

All the itty bitty toys!

Jackson is all over the place. He is scooting along really fast and almost crawling.  He will get up on all fours and rock back and forth or move his knees, but can't quite coordinate everything just right yet.  A week or so ago he figured out he doesn't have to stay in the same room as everybody else.  I will be watching TV or on my laptop and all of a sudden I look up and he's gone. 

(Hey Mom, just checkin on the trash can!)

Now my problem is all the itty bitty toys that my two older kids have strewn across the house.  I didn't have this issue with Abigail being the first, or Austin, because Abigail was barely two years old and didn't have itty bitty toys yet.  I am a nervous wreck that he will swallow something or get something stuck in his throat.  My eyes are always scanning the floors for little things, but I can't be everywhere all the time.  Abigail is getting better about remembering to pick up little things, but she is still only 6 years old.  Kids minds just don't remember things like that.   

(look at that innocent face)

I'm not quite sure what to do about this.  Maybe there isn't anything I can do.  I could put a baby gate up, but those are so annoying.  This post is probably the first of many where I can't figure out how to keep Jackson out of household danger.  He is so curious and excited to get into everything.  I don't remember my other two being this way so EARLY (6.5 months old).  I think I will start planning some baby proofing this weekend. 

Cutest little thing ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!