Wednesday, March 13, 2013

a snot filled week

Wednesday after we got home from school, I walked in on this.  Austin fell asleep in Abigail's room watching TV.  This only happens a few times a year and it always means the same thing.  
He is getting sick!

I had to wake him up an hour and a half later.  He had a low grade fever and was just wimpy acting.  I gave him Motrin and the fever went down.  Luckily Brent was off Thursday, so just to be on the safe side he stayed home from school.  He was pretty much fine all day and so he went back to school Friday.  

Saturday morning he woke up sort of grumpy and out of sorts and only wanted to lay on the couch and watch TV.  He is usually very active and playing while he watches TV.  He didn't have a fever, but I gave him some Motrin anyway.   After half an hour he perked up and seemed fine the rest of the day.

For the past week Jackson has had a nasty runny nose that just won't stop.  Thank goodness for Puffs Plus Lotion tissue.

Sunday morning Austin woke up with gunky nose too.  

If you read my previous post you know that Sunday was also the day we took Abigail to urgent care for her infected ear piercing.  It is much better now thanks to antibiotics and ointment.



Monday rolls around and both the boys noses are steady running.  Austin's is clear and white runny, but Jackson's is thick green, yellow runny!  I know that's a gross mental image.  Plus now Jackson's eyes are gooping up too.  

All and all the boys were in pretty good moods and didn't seem too bad off.

Tuesday morning at 2:30 am Austin wakes up, throws up all over his bed, and is running 102.9 temperature.  

I'm praying the throwing up was a result of high temperature and drainage, because he hasn't thrown up again.    He never went back to sleep.  Brent laid with him on the couch in the living room and they watched cartoons. 

By the time I woke up at 4:45 his fever was gone and he was in a pretty good mood.  My mom agreed to keep him home with her today just in case.  

I woke Jack up at 6:00 and his eyes were so goopy and crusty that he could hardly open them.  I felt like I was torturing him when I cleaned them with a warm wet cloth.  Poor guy just can't seem to beat this cold and now it's moved to both eyes.  

You wouldn't even know they were sick from the picture my mom sent me Tuesday morning.  

I'm so tired of snot and coughing and crusty eyes and infected ear piercings and medicine droppers and ointments and sleepless nights.  

I just want all my kids to be healed up and feeling good again.  

I'm so thankful for my mom, who is willing to keep my kids even when they are sick.  I always feel bad about that because they are my kids and I should be taking care of them.  She has already taken care of her fair share of sick kids in her lifetime.  I know she doesn't mind, we just need to pray that she doesn't catch anything, because I don't have a back up babysitter anymore.

Now we have made it to Wednesday.  Austin is at school today, but still not quite himself. He is very moody and easy to cry, which causes even more snot to come pouring out of his nose.  Jack woke up with a little less goop in his eyes, but still enough to torture him while I cleaned it out.

My prayer for this week is that by the time this weekend rolls around everyone will be well and healed!!


1 comment:

Love to hear your thoughts!!