Way back in May I bought these PDF chore charts from this Etsy store.
The plan had been to start during the summer, but then we had the whole move out of our house and into my parents house and then move into our new house thing, so it got slightly postponed.
We are just starting this week.
|please ignore the nasty dirty smudge on our fridge, trying to keep it real here on my blog|
Every time they complete a chore they put a sticker next to it for that day. At the end of the week they will get ten cents for every sticker.
I know that doesn't sound like much, but we ain't made of money!!
We went to the Circus on Sunday. All three of the kids loved it and had a great time and were so well behaved. I think this will definitely become a yearly thing.
Luckily our neighbors gave us two free adult tickets, which saved us 30 bucks, and the kids get in free. Otherwise we would have had to take out a small loan for food and extra fun stuff.
The big kids got a snack right when we got there.
Abigail: snow cone $4.00
Austin: Popcorn $3.00
All of us to share: Two bottles of water $2.00
Jackson shared with them.
During intermission they each got another snack and Abigail got her face painted.
Abigail: Pickle $2.00
Austin: Nachos $5.00
Abigail: face paint $5.00
The grand total being: $21.00!
I guess that's not too bad, considering there were 5 of us total.
Lessons learned for next year...
1. Check the tickets and make sure you are going to the right place. Yep, we just assumed it was at a certain place and it wasn't.
2. Sneak in some snacks and drinks. We will probably still let them get one circus snack, but not two.
3. During Intermission get down and get in line quickly for elephant/pony rides, face painting, or balloons because the lines were crazy long.
4. Nobody is getting a snow cone. Abigail dropped her spoon like 15 times. They are just too hard to eat!
5. Bring Nana and Papa and maybe they will pay for some, LOL just kidding!!
The motorcycles at the end were the best part, but Jackson didn't like them very much. I think they were too loud and intense for him. He hid his face almost he whole time!
I'm so glad we decided to go. I'm ready to start doing more fun stuff like this as our kids are getting older and can handle it!!
Can't wait until next year!!