Monday, March 19, 2012

my beloved weekend


Despite Austin being somewhat sick still on Friday, our weekend was quite an enjoyable one. 

On Friday my mother-in-law kept Abigail and Austin overnight, so Mom and I took advantage of having only Jackson and headed for the mall.  We ate at one of our favorite places, Chick-fil-A.  Jackson had a good time riding around in his stroller without the car seat.  He is such a busybody and likes to see everything.

We didn't buy much. Thanks to Nana, all three kids got a new outfit. 

Then on Saturday morning, our little guy woke up at 6 am ready to play.  I tried to coax him back to sleep for about an hour before I gave up and decided we would check out some garage sales.  Surprisingly, Brent even woke up and came with us.  Brent loves to sleep in, but he had been wanting to go hit some garage sales, so he came. 

We found a few things. 

                                 This is everything except two tool things that Brent picked up.
(I just noticed I left the three books we bought out of this picture.)




This is what I found for Abigail: Dress and Sandals= $2.50



                    This is what I found for Austin: swimming trunks, uniform shirt, and truck= $1.25





These are my favorite find of the day: Old Mason Jars for Kelsie's Bridal Shower= $3




Three Harry Potter books for 50 cents a piece.  We love the movies, but haven't read the books.  We figured we might as well get these for 50 cents since we will eventually be buying them anyway. 

So total spent for all our goodies $8.25 plus $5.50 for Brent's tools.  It was a pretty good morning.


Saturday evening, Brent's mom brought the kids home and then we went to eat at Taco Bell with my Mom and Kelsie.  Abigail has been dying to drive past the new house my parents are buying (future post all about this), so we took a quick drive past it.  She was really worried it was going to be too far away, but I think her mind is at ease now. 

Sunday I woke up with some stomach issues, so I stayed home from church with the boys while Brent and Abigail went to church. 

After Church we spent most of the afternoon working outside on our patio area. 

Sunday night we went to our home group for church, ate some spaghetti, and had a good time of fellowship.  Mostly we visited because the video were supposed to watch wouldn't work.

All in all we had a very fun and productive weekend.  Usually, when Monday rolls around I feel like I wasted my weekend, but not this one.  I even caught up on the laundry.  That is like a miracle!

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of my Garage sale finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mason jars are awesome! And u found lots if good stuff. It always feels good to get a good deal.
    Heather D

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!