Friday, March 2, 2012

Pinterest Challenge:Yummy!!

I found this pin for Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken.  It looked so yummy and easy.  I had to give it a try as part of my weekly pinterest challenge. I am not a great cook, so easy and delicious are absolutely necessary in order for me to cook anything!!

Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Time: 15 minute prep + 35 minutes baking
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe adapted from What's Cookin' Chicago via Pinterest

Chicken:
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley

Sauce:
1   10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter

Cut each chicken breasts in two or three pieces.

 Crush your ritz crackers add the salt and pepper to the ritz and put in a bowl.  Put Cheese and milk in bowls.

Dip your chicken in the milk, then the cheese, and last the ritz crumbs.  Things will start to get messy but it's all good. I sprinkled a little extra cheese on top before I put them in the oven.  Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.  Uncover and cook for 10 more minutes.  (I only needed to cook mine for about 6 more minutes)
Sauce: mix all ingredients in sauce pan and heat up.  Poor a little over the chicken before you eat.

My finished product!!!

Yummy, Yummy!!!

We ended the night with mouthwatering dutch apple crumb pie. It was easy too!  Straight from the frozen section at our local grocery store.  


 I would love to know what recipes you tried that are delicious and most importantly fast and easy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!