Friday, March 9, 2012

Pinterest Biscuits

I’m not real happy that I have done two recipe pins in a row for my pinterest challenge, but at least I did it. 
Here is the link from the pin for Cheesy Biscuits.  I followed the recipe exactly, but it called for a mini muffin pan and I didn’t have one, so I just used my normal size.  I had to guess on the amount of time to cook them.  I think I set it for 20 minutes, but stopped around 16 because they looked golden brown. 
Also instead of 20 mini muffins I only got 9 normal size ones out of the recipe. 
I thought the biscuits were quick and easy, but I wasn’t super impressed with the taste.  I mean they weren’t nasty.  They tasted pretty good.  I just thought they would be cheesier tasting.  Please keep in mind I am not really a very good cook, so someone else could make these and they might taste awesome. 
Also I didn’t really like the fact that the recipe called for buttermilk.  I had to buy a half gallon of buttermilk, which I never use, for a half a cup in the recipe.  Now the rest will go bad and be wasted. 
So my overall review of this pin is just OK. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the buttermilk--waste of money. I recently learned you can use regular milk & vinegar as a substitute, but I haven't tried that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a friend of my just told me about that. I think I would be nervous to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!