Monday, May 28, 2012

good samaritin

Yes people, there are still good samaritans out there.  I recently encountered one of them.

Kelsie and I, along with baby Jackson, went on a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy some things for Kelsie's bridal shower.  We strolled around Hobby Lobby, found some great deals, and only spent $39.   We made our way back to my Yukon, loaded up all our goodies, got ourselves in the car and then I turned the key and this is what came out of my mouth......

Oh Crap!!!
(I know you're impressed with my potty mouth)

You guessed it, the car didn't start.  It made a strange noise that can only be described as the noise that a saw makes...high pitched and squeally.  

My parents were out of town, Kelsie's fiance was at work, so our only choice was to call Brent at work.  Luckily he was able to get away and come to the rescue.  He checks under the hood and has no clue what the problem is.  Then our good samaritan arrives. 


He was a petite little man with white hair and a Jesus fish on his t-shirt.  He was more than happy to help us.  He called himself a Chevrolet man.  Apparently he has worked on Chevrolet's his entire life.  He crawled under our Yukon, told us what he thought the problem was, and offered to try and help us get it started.  He couldn't actually get the Yukon started, but then he offered to pull it home for us.  To top off all that, he pulls out two cold Diet Cokes from his truck for us since we've been sitting in the heat for over an hour. 


Kelsie and Jackson staying cool in Brent's car.


As you can probably imagine, my 9 month old had no patience for all of this.  Thank goodness for Kelsie being there.  She was such a big help with him!!

So our good samaritan successfully towed our Yukon all the way back to our house.  He was all ready to stay and help Brent fix it, but Brent had to get back to work. 

It really is comforting to know there are still people out there who care for those they don't even know.  I'm on the look out to repay him by finding someone else who needs help and paying it forward. 

Also in case you were wondering, Brent replaced the starter the next morning and it started right up.  I'm so proud of my handy man!! 

1 comment:

Love to hear your thoughts!!