Thursday, February 16, 2012

I got a hot date! (hopefully)

For Christmas, my husbands sister and husband gave us a gift certificate to eat at one of the best restaurants in the Lake Area.  We have been dying to use it, but haven't had a chance, mainly for two reasons:

1- I have been trying to lose weight since the day after Christmas.  I am sick and tired of carrying baby weight from all three of my kids.  I told him we would have to wait to use the gift card until I had lost a few pounds.  I have lost almost 11 pounds so far and feel like I deserve a reward. (Valentine's Day candy doesn't count) 

2- Brent's work schedule is HORRIBLE!!!!  He works every Friday and Saturday night.  It is hard for us to do anything lately.  We are praying and discussing his future at his current job, and hopefully someday we can find more time for each other.  We might be making some drastic changes, but it would be totally worth it if the kids had their daddy home more often. 

I know you are probably wondering why I wrote 'hopefully' in the title.  Well.... I did everything I needed to do to make sure this date was a go tonight.  I made sure we have a baby sitter.  I made sure Brent was not working (rare).  But for those of you with kids, you know sometimes it doesn't matter how much you plan, things just don't always work out.  Jackson was running a fever of 100.5 last night, and I think Austin was too.  So far today I think they are feeling ok, but I have already mentally prepared myself for the fact that our date night might turn in to a night of sick kids.  I will try and keep a glass half full attitude and be hopefull, but I am ready either way.  That's just one of those things you deal with after having kids.
Totally worth the sacrifices!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!