I just want to give you the heads up that my first confession is pretty long, but stick with it because it's pretty funny...
- We went grocery shopping last week, just me Brent and Jackson. We decided that we would let Jackson try sitting in the front of the buggy. He was doing pretty well, but he needed to be repositioned often because he was so squirmy. When I go grocery shopping with a list I have to carry my list and a pen to mark things out as we buy them. I am totally obsessive compulsive about it. While Brent was looking at t-ball bats for Austin, I noticed Jackson was slumped over and needed to be repositioned. So I, with my list and open pen in hand, reached over and sat him up straight and propped some things around him to keep him from falling, and then I walked away to look at something. A minute later I hear Brent say "oh god" and he is cracking up. I walk over, look down at Jackson and to my horror there is blue ink all over his face. I had written on my baby's face with my pen. It was horrible looking. There was even a blue line on his lower lip. I felt horrible. Of course I immediately start licking my fingers and try rubbing it off, but if you have any experience with ink on skin, you know that it wasn't coming off. It lightened up but you could still see the blue ink lines on his little chubby cheeks. So we walked around Walmart finishing our grocery shopping and I just knew that everyone was wondering how in the world he got blue ink lines all over his face. Brent thought it was hilarious, but I really felt bad. Mother of the Year Award, here I come!
(This was before the ink incident. I refused to take a picture of his face with ink all over it! I felt too guilty.)
- I am new to the blogging world and so I'm constantly checking my stats to see how many people have viewed it. I also get a little too excited when someone comments on one of my posts. I'm talking giddy!
- While I was pregnant I grew all these new hairs right above my forehead. They were bothering me so much because they wouldn't lay flat. I started just plucking them out here and there if I felt one on my forehead or around my face. I guess I got carried away because now I have a ton of little tiny hairs growing back and sticking STRAIGHT UP. It looks really bad if you look too closely. I learned my lesson.
- I am already counting down the days till summer break. We have 53 days left!! That doesn't sound too bad.
- I really really hate my duty week. Duty week consists of having to be at school at 7:10 for all the fifth graders to come sit in my room. I have to take the entire fifth grade to lunch and watch them eat and try to keep them quiet, which is impossible, and I have to moniter the entire fifth grade at recess. This is for an entire week once a month. By the end of the week I feel like I could cry. (on the bright side I only have 2 more weeks left this year, after this week!!)
- I really failed with my weight-loss efforts this weekend. I ate Burger King, donuts, chinese food, pizza, and brownies.