Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hunger Games

If you haven't read The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins yet, I highly recommend it.  They are very enjoyable.  I would describe them, but I'm not very good at that, and would probably make it sound stupid, so I copied and pasted the synopsis from Wikipedia:


The Hunger Games is a young adult novel written by Suzanne Collins. It was originally published in hardcover on September 14, 2008, by Scholastic.[1] It is written in first person and introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive.


The first book is called Hunger Games, the second is called Catching Fire, and the third is called Mocking Jay.  They all have just enough romance to keep the ladies interested, and more than enough action and violence to draw in the male audience.  I couldn't put them down. 

I am so super pumped about the fact that they are making them all into movies!!!! Yay!!!!  The first movie is coming out March 23rd.   Kelsie has already ordered our tickets for the 12:01am showing.  We might be the only nerds there, but we don't care.  Will I be exhausted and falling asleep at work the next day? Yes, but it will be totally worth it. 

We couldn't be more happy with the cast that was chosen to represent these characters.  Sometimes I get nervous about watching the movie based on a book that I have read and loved, because the books are usually so much better.  I try not to be too judgmental and remember that they just can't squeeze in every book detail into a 2.5 hour movie.

 I am predicting that it will be awesome and literally can't wait.  Of course I will post an update about the movie after we watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I just clicked over to your blog from Midweek Confessions. I LOVE Hunger Games...I can't wait, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's always nice to talk to another fan of Hunger Games. It shocks me when someone says they haven't heard of these books. I have been forcing people to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!