Thursday, July 25, 2013

Goodbye House

I'm coming to you LIVE from my parent's house, our new home for a month or two!

Last night at 10:45 pm we made our last trip to the storage building and stuffed in the last of our belongings.  It's crazy to think that basically all the things that make up the inside of our home can fit into two storage units, barely.

Along with that news comes some more bad/good news.  After the inspection of the house we were set to buy came back with a variety of not so good problems, we decided to back out.  It would have been upwards of 10 grand and countless hours to make all the repairs, which is just not something we wanted to deal with.

I've gotten lots of sad faces and sympathetic sorry's via Facebook, but really I'm feeling very good about our decision.  I liked that house, but I didn't LOVE it!  I've found a few more we'll be looking at here pretty soon and I know we will find the right place for our family.

On a brighter note, my kids will stay in their original school and won't have to experience the "new kid" feeling.  Not that they were even worried about.

Anyway, here is a picture of our old house shortly after we moved in with a 2 year old Austin and 4 year old Abigail.



Many great memories in this house.
Birthday Parties
Bringing Jack home from the hospital.
Playing in back yard and riding bikes up and down the road.
Brent and I would sit on the swing outside at night and have really good talks after the kids went to bed.
Kelsie's bachelorette party!
Getting dressed and ready for Kelsie's wedding!
Playing games late into the night with Kelsie and Grant
and many many more.

I wont give you a list of the things that I didn't like about the house.  
I'm trying to stay positive here. 
Lol

Goodbye house, it's been swell!




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you aren't settling for a house you only "like". That's no fun!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!