Monday, April 8, 2013

Jackson (20 months)

I can't believe we are only 4 short months away from being 2 years old!!  
Crazy how quickly they grow up!


Eating
Jackson is an awesome eater!  He will basically eat anything you put in front of him.  The problem is that he will no longer sit in a high chair, and doesn't always want to stay sitting while he eats, which results in food all over the house.  But after Austin's horrible picky eating ways, we don't really care.

favorite foods right now: waffles, spaghettios, yogurt, apple sauce, gold fish, chewy chips ahoy, hamburger, eggs, pop tarts, apples.

Oh and he loves to dip his food in ketchup or ranch dip.
I heard a loud thump in the kitchen and this is what I found.
He pulled the whole cookie jar out of the pantry and some tortillas.  


He still takes a bottle at nap and night time.  I wish that was the only time, but he usually asks for it throughout the day.  I think it's sort of like a pacifier for him.  Our summer project will be to wean him off the bottle.  I'm not looking forward to that!


Weight
Jackson weights about 26 pounds.  He went to the doctor 4 times last month.  Only during two of those visits did he cooperate enough to get his weight.  In fact the second time the nurse had to hold him and weigh and then subtract her weight.  Needless to say he HATES the doctors office now.


you can see his hand foot and mouth disease rash 

Clothes
He's wearing a solid 24 month or 2t.  I get a little too much happiness out of this fact.  My other two kids were always small for their age.  They both wore a size less than they should, in fact Austin still does. 

 I like having my big boy! 


Sleeping
He is a GREAT sleeper!!  
He struggled for a few nights while he was sickly, but he's back to sleeping all night.  He goes to bed at about 8:00 and during the week we have to wake him up at about 6:45 to bring him to my moms house.  On the weekend he will sleep until 7:30 or 8.


Talking
He is saying a bunch of words.  The ones in orange he was saying in my last Jackson update post at 16 months.  The black ones are the new words.
Mamma
Dadda
Nana
Papa
Babba-Abigail (we call her Abba)
Jack-Jack
Baa-Bath
juice
bota---bottle
ba---ball
na---nose
eye
Maddie (my parents dog, he loves her)
Ke--- Kelsie
flower- I haven't heard this, but mom has.
boo---book

Autin--Austin
shoes
toys
cookie
phone
hello
car
go
door
jump
baby
keys
no-no
bida--open (i'm not sure why, but it clearly means open)

I know I'm probably missing some.

He has also started putting some words together.  
mama nose
dada shoes
dada phone
nana bye bye



He knows the following animal sounds. 
Kitty
puppy
cow
duck

He can do a sad face, which is pretty funny!!



He loves watching Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans, and Sid the Science Kid.  

He is really into cars, trucks, and trains.  I love watching him drive his cars around the floor.  


He would live outside if he could.  He LOVES playing outside.  He can climb and slide down all on his own now.  He likes to swing, but usually only stays in it for a few minutes.  He loves having Austin drive him around the yard in his car.  

He also loves jumping on the trampoline, which he can also climb onto himself, sometimes when I'm not  looking. #scary  

Lately he wants to eat all the time.  Every thirty minutes he's dragging me over to the pantry for a snack.  We went to target and got popcorn the other day and he loved it.





Daddy loved having to clean it all up from the back porch!!


He is turning out to be a really silly little boy.  He likes to make people laugh.  He will do something over and over if he can get a laugh out of you.  

Every day he seems to be getting so much easier to deal with.  He really is more toddler than baby now days and I am loving every second of it.  Don't get me wrong, he still has his tantrums and meltdowns, but he's just getting more independent and playing on his own or with the other kids.  He doesn't need me to carry him around everywhere or entertain him.

I can actually cook supper again.


he's started stuffing as much as possible in his mouth, it's not pretty

I love my little guy!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ugh he's just so cute! I thought he was older than this... He and Josie are really close in age!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!