Sunday, April 14, 2013

40 Before 40 update

Wow, it's been like forever since I even wrote about my 40 before 40 list.  You can check out my 40 things I want to do before I turn 40 by clicking on the button at the top of the page.

First I will back things up a little bit and explain why I'm doing 40 before 40 instead of the usual 30 before 30.  When I first started noticing all my favorite bloggers marking things off of their 30 before 30 lists I was already 28 and had 2 small children and a bun in the oven, and I just knew I would be setting myself up for failure if I tried to cram in 30 things in 2 years.

So the idea for 40 before 40 popped into my head and I went with it.  I've only marked off the following...

14. Start a blog
Obviously if you are reading this I've checked this one off my list.
Photobucket

15. Inspire someone
I inspired someone to start a blog, but I'm not sure they are still doing it or not.  I also like to think that I inspired a bunch of ladies at work to lose weight through two years of organizing a biggest loser competition.


24. Take a GIRLS ONLY trip somewhere.
We went on an overnight trip last year to look choose our bridesmaid dresses for my sisters wedding.


33. Buy a bicycle
I got a bicycle for my birthday last year.  This picture is from September.  Look how little Jackson was!!  He still LOVES to go for a ride.  When he sees the bike, he starts pulling on me and saying hat, hat!!  I can't resist him!

So I realize that is only 4 things so far, but considering I've got 5 more months in my 20's, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

The following things are in progress and hopefully will be next to get marked off my list.

2.  Lose 60 pounds (after the baby is born, of course)
I'm down 47 pounds.

28.  Pay off all debt
We are more than half way there.



Number 16 from list will probably be changed.

16.  Go on a cruise
When I made this list, I was envisioning a big family cruise with Mom and Dad, but in light of recent events, I'm thinking of something to replace this.  Maybe a beach trip??

I need to start planning some of these things!!  
5 months and 10 years will go by before I know it!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. I love that you said that the weight loss is the next one to check off. Your attitude is awesome! I think confidence helps a lot. I'm so impressed by what you've accomplished already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would choose a completely different vacationing spot after what your parents went through. You are marking things off, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! Returning the favor! I love this post and maybe I should make a 30 before 30 list...is 5 years enough time?! I'm sure once it finally gets hot and humid here I will be wanting to get some air...except we don't have central air! I hated it growing up! Therefore we don't have it. We DO have a window unit if it gets too hot. Excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts!!