Friday, March 18, 2011

Lucky vs. Blessed


People are always telling me how lucky I am.  Not because of my beautiful house, stunning good looks, or amazing talent. (dripping with sarcasm)  No, people are always telling me how lucky I am when I tell them that my mom keeps Austin while I work.  As much as I would love to be a stay at home mom (one of my biggest dreams) there is just no way we can afford it.  But I really feel like I should be correcting these people who tell me that I am lucky.  I believe I am truly blessed.  God has blessed me with a mom who loves my kids and is willing to sacrifice so much of her time for them.  There are plenty of wonderful Grandmas out there who don't do this for their grandchildren, and I don't blame them.  They have raised their kids and earned their freedom.  Still my mom does what I am so very thankful for and hopefully one day I can pay her back a small fraction of what she has given to me. 
This is Abigail and Nana.  Austin does not like taking pictures. 


I don't want to forget about my other blessing.  My mother-in-law is also an amazing help with the kids.  She works, but every other Friday night when she is off, the kids spend the night with her, giving me a much needed break.  The kids really look forward to the time they spend with Meme.  I am so very thankful to God that my kids have such wonderful women in their lives. 

This is Meme and Abigail around 18 months.  Meme hates taking pictures so this was very hard to find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!