Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and tell Monday

I'm linking up for the first time with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mamma.


This is an awesome blog I've recently stumbled across. This weeks show and tell is about babies.

If you're a first time visitor you should know I have three kiddos and plan to have no more. But I still thought it would be fun to link up today.


1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)

Two baby names I really like but never used are Amelia and Maddox.

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}

I have a girl and two boys so that would be a total of three nurseries I've decorated (yes I teach math).

However, I've never really done a girly girl nursery. When I was pregnant with Abigail we decided to let the gender be a mystery. So I guess my regret is never being able to do a really pink nursery like the one in the picture below. I found this on the kids pottery barn website.


I love the birds!


3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?

I have three kids ages 7, 5, and 1. I always thought 3 years sounded like a good gap between babies, but as you can see I never quite accomplished the three year gap. Two years apart is tough because that's two babies practically. Two cribs, two pacis, two in diapers. I'm not sure how I did it now thinking back.

But then four years is not great either because before Jack came along our lives were getting really easy. We had no diapers, cribs, pacis, highchairs, bouncy seats, or bottles.

So I don't think there is a magic number of years you should wait. It will have it's good and it's bad. Just remember your baby becomes a toddler in what seems like one minute, so enjoy your baby cuddles while you got em.

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
I'm a public school teacher, so I can tell you first hand that kids now days are not getting the stable home environment that they need. All parents love their kids, but parenting is more than just loving. It's hard work. It takes consistency, patients, and being the bad guy most of the time.

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}

This is my sweet little Jack in his nest!!


6. Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}

I'm pretty sure my pre baby self would have told you that I would never allow my kids to watch TV during dinner. Hahaha

I probably would have told you that I would never yell at my kids. Hahaha

There are plenty of things I knew I would do as a parent that I have actually done, but those aren't as funny. It's funny how little we really understand what we are getting into when we have kids.


Well that was fun! Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!