Friday, September 27, 2013

I'm sewing!! Yes, it's true!!

 I have always wanted a sewing machine and I've been dying to learn, but at the same time I knew it would take time and energy to learn and I didn't know if I wanted to add that to the many balls I juggle on a daily basis.  

The decision was taken out of my hands when my parents got me a sewing machine for Christmas.  So I didn't have a choice then, I had to learn.  Don't get me wrong I wanted to learn, but it's been hard for me to find the time, or drive to figure it out.  

After 9 months of the machine sitting there and never being turned on, our Pastor's wife decided to start a sewing/fellowship time every Wednesday morning.  It's just been a handful of stay at home moms coming and learning to sew while our kids run around or get in our way.  

It's really been a fun time to get to know other ladies and learn to use my machine at the same time.  I'm absolutely loving it.  I feel so good after creating something.  I just think it's crazy that I can turn a bunch of fabric into something cute and useful. 

We've only met twice.  The first time I just learned how to thread my machine and practice some straight stitches.  
  
During our second meeting I made this little bag.  It's nothing fancy and it will probably fall apart pretty quickly, but I felt pretty good about myself afterwards. 


Last night I made Jack this little pillow case.  He's been needing a new one and I already had some fabric so I just went for it.  I didn't have a pattern or anything.  I just winged it and it came out pretty good.  I was happy with it.  If you look too close, you will see some crooked stitches an some seems that don't line up perfectly, but I'm just a beginner.  I'm trying not to be to hard on myself.  


My plan is to take baby steps. 
 I'm not trying to make a massive quilt any time soon, but maybe I'll get there someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!