Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Day 9

Today I'm thankful for mine and my families health.  Too often I take this for granted.  We are all very healthy, besides your occasional cold or stomach bug.  No one in my family is seriously ill!  So many families deal with deadly disease on a daily basis.

My worst nightmare would be for my child to get cancer or some other crippling disease, but it could happen.

God never guaranteed our lives to be perfect. 
 He never promised us perfect health.  

He did however, promise us that he would never leave us or forsake us.  
He will walk with us through every obstacle and trial. 


I pray every day for my kids to stay healthy and happy.  A while back I watched a Louie Giglio video called Prayer Remix.  It was awesome.  It really opened my eyes to how I had been praying and how I should be praying.  

One of the things he mentioned was how we always pray for God to "watch over us and protect us".  Not that it's a bad prayer, but if we really want God to use us, then we have to be ready and willing to get hurt or broken in the process. 

The way I'm explaining it, is not doing it justice.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  Louie is a funny guy and easy to listen to, but most importantly everything he teaches and talks about is founded in scripture.

I'm extremely encouraged and motivated by people who deal with disease and death in their families, yet still keep positive and trust in the Lord.  Their lives are glorifying God and that is ultimately what's important.

Anyway.....

I got a little off topic for a second there.  I'm going to try harder to remember and appreciate how blessed I am to be healthy and have a family without any serious illness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!