Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to business

We are back in the swing of things around here. We have completed the first of our 36 weeks of school. All in all it was a pretty good week.

I'm super excited about this year because I'm teaching fifth grade math for the first time. There are so many fun and creative ways you can teach math. I'm really looking forward to this change.

Abigail started 2nd grade. Can you believe I have a 2nd grader? Only 3 more years and I will be teaching her. Yikes!


Another HUGE change this year, Austin started pre-k!! I was a little anxious about how he would act, but so far so good. He had a panic attack over the thunder that started during recess, but other than that he is doing well! He doesn't cry when I leave him, but he does fuss in the afternoon when I don't let him get on a bus. He wants to ride the bus soooo bad.



Jackson is still staying with my mom or Brent during the day. He has been unusually clingy and fussy. I think he misses having the big kids around. He's not used to being by himself.

Brent is starting a new job in two weeks. He'll be working for a contracting company, making more money and getting good experience, but probably having worse hours. Unfortunately when you need money, working long hours is a necessity.

Wow, so it didn't dawn on my how many changes our family is going through right now.  We've been in a spiritual, emotional, and financial rut for the past year or so, that I'm happy for some change. 

Can't wait to see what these changes bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!!